Get Tax Rebate!
Most of Discount Door and Window products qualify for this tax rebate. Their are different requirements depending on the climate zone. If you are uncertain if one of our products qualify for the tax rebate, please contact us and we will verify it for you.
Details on the 2011 Home Improvement Tax Rebate:
- Tax Rebate: 10% of cost of the home improvement, up to a maximum of $500. Windows are capped at $200.
- Expiration: December 31, 2011
- Eligibility: Must be on an existing home & your principal residence. New construction and rentals don’t qualify. Must be placed in service in 2011.
- Limitations: Tax Credit does NOT include installation costs.
- Tax Form: You need to file the 2011 IRS Form 5695 and submit it with your 2011 taxes (by April 15, 2012). On the 1040 form , the residential energy tax credit (from Form 5695) is claimed on line 52.
- Receipt: Save your receipts and the Manufacturer’s Certification Statement for your records.
- U-Factor: Windows must have at least 0.35 U-Factor in Southern California. Other locations depend on climate zone. Door U-factor depend on how much glass is used.
Source: Energy Star
U-Factor glass requirements for windows and doors: